OCTOBER 28, 2020 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST*
*Completion of the Basic Social Media Threat Assessment Webinar and/or employment as an experienced analyst is required.
Advanced Social Media Threat Assessment Learning Outcomes
- Personal vs. professional vs. research accounts and policy implications
- Staff Safety: Safeguards to protecting yourself and your personal information online
- The wealth of information that tech giants keep on users (Google, Facebook)
- Guidelines to ensure no digital trail
- Utilizing the Power of Search Engines and All Investigative Tools
- Boolean search operators
- Setting up Google Alerts
- Cache data
- Webpage history
- The utility of Firefox and Chrome browser add-ons
- Username tracking
- Training your brain to see past the noise and overwhelming amount of social media content and focusing on relevant findings
- How to effectively establish a school, individual and community digital behavioral baseline
- Where to start an online search to find as much relevant content as possible in a timely manner before it disappears (e.g., a bomb threat, school lockdown, cyberbullying)
- Youth Investigations
- Using social media to find a missing person (e.g., Snapchat, IP address logs)
- Introduction to language analysis and strategic interviewing
- Dealing with online threat-related behaviors and anonymous threats
- Current best practices for teams dealing with sexting sextortion related incidents as well as guidelines around education and awareness
- Law Enforcement: Need to know info regarding preservation and production orders
- Exigent circumstances: What are they? What information should you provide when you are in a school safety emergency?
- The Vast Smartphone World
- Tracking capabilities and data stored
- Examining metadata of photographs
- Best practices for preservation of evidence/crucial data
- Reverse phone number searching
- Geolocation specific Twitter searches (GPS coordinate searching) – Drawing a geofence over your school and monitoring the digital heartbeat of your community
- Using 3rd party Twitter websites to find incredibly detailed data about a user
- Setting up your own Twitter dashboard: Automating your searches to save yourself time
- Privacy implications of the evolving Facebook platform
- Personal vs. professional privacy
- How to locate publicly available data and dig DEEP
- Building sociograms for negative peer groups
- The Online Underground: Evil Exists
- ISIS recruitment: Latest trends
- Inordinate knowledge, Swatting and doxing
- Forums: 4chan and Reddit
- The basics of the dark and deep web
- Identifying young people on the pathway to criminal radicalization
ADVANCED SOCIAL MEDIA THREAT ASSESSMENT
DATE & TIMES
Date: WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 28TH
Start Time: 10 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern time)
Login Time: 9:30 AM EST
HOW REGISTRATION WORKS
Purchasers will receive a confirmation email immediately once their order is complete.
Participants will receive the zoom link and instructions to the webinar 2 DAYS PRIOR to the training.
Invoices & w-9’s can be provided upon request.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 561-750-1500.
** Please be advised that only the listed registered participant(s) will receive a feedback form and certification for this course.
The link to connect will be sent two days before the remote training.
Please use the login time to iron out any potential kinks you may come across.
Apart from a PC we suggest laptops/Microsoft Surface Pro, MacBook or Google Chromebooks for you to get the best from the hands-on portion of the training. Tablets are not compatible with some aspects of the training and searching capabilities are restricted with iPads. You should make sure that devices are fully charged and be ready to go.
If it is at all possible it may be advantageous to have a second device handy. This will enable you to do the exercises while still being able to see the online training information.
There will be a break for lunch and breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
Safe Schools For Alex reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training. If Safe Schools For Alex cancels or reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Safe Schools For Alex, you are entitled to a full refund for the ticket cost, but Safe Schools For Alex is not responsible for any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If Safe Schools For Alex cancels a training in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering. Please be sure to provide a valid email address.
Any cancellation or transfer made by a participant needs to be in writing. If the registration fee has already been paid a credit will be applied for a future training course unless a refund is specifically requested by the attendee at the time of cancellation. A $50.00 administrative fee will be applied for any refund processed, and a $25.00 transfer fee will be charged for any transfers between classes or attendees.